For as long as I can remember, my parents spent the weekends in the spring and summer cultivating their gardens (and their wine habit). I always assumed I would follow in their footsteps, albiet those steps were stepping stones in a sea of green grass.
However, for some reason I missed the gardening-loving gene, although I did inherit the wine habit.
I learned the hard way that I didn’t have a green thumb. Unfortunately, my hostas and my manicure fell victim to this lesson.
However, in the hopes of saving the world from unnecessary manicure massacres, I’ve compiled a list to help you figure out if you’re a gardener or not.
1. You think buying plant food means ordering a salad.
2. You like your garden clean and free of dirt.
3. You prefer to do all gardening indoors.
4. You think a spade is only something in a deck of cards.
5. Wearing gloves isn’t enough to convince you to touch dirt.
6. You can’t keep your artificial plants alive.
7. You don’t look good in hats and your skin is far too delicate for direct sunlight.
8. You always tip over the watering can.
9. Even drawings of flowers make you break out in hives.
10. You think gardening is sexy only when it’s done by the sexy hunk you hired.
Hopefully this list helped you decide if you have a green thumb. Personally, it’s not the thumb I think of when I think of gardening.
It’s another finger entirely…
Other places on the web this week where I’m cracking people up!